Thursday, May 6, 2010

Progress I think

Busy and interesting time getting five projects ready to print - four heritage assessments and a history. All will finish up on the DOC website - three are already there. As well, the online booking flip cards booklet is all but - yea! I will put some covers up when they are printed.

At home when not working I have been making jellies - the plum and star anise is very yum but I only got a couple of little jars from 1 kg of plums. I always do jellies in small amounts and the plums didn't come down in price this year. The thing I discovered making both quince and the plum jelly is that it boils away and boils away and it isn't until the foam begins to disappear that it is ready to set. The flat orange thing is a quince cheese.

I've also been talking on the phone and more on the computer - sometimes using the video option which is quite fun. I find that Google Chrome produces the clearest picture.

I got a bargain on Trade Me with 200 more pavers at 25c each. Carting them home in the car was a bit nerve wracking particularly if I needed to pull up quickly. The car did very well I think, but now definitely needs its shock absorbers tightening up. Jack spent a couple of half days laying all the pavers around the back, and they look good even though they are all of different pedigrees - yet still the same size - and a bit uneven because of the uneven ground. I think he was disappointed with the result. The cheap pavers need an attack of '30 Seconds', and lot more sand swept in between to stop them from moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment